Newspaper Front Page Analysis


Which three news items did you choose for your front page?
I chose the interest rising by a quarter of a percent.
Prince Charles falling in hospital.
And Joe Hart retiring.

Why did you choose these?
I chose the interest rising by a quarter of a percent because I thought it was the most important as the target audience are middle class males who probably own a house and a car and pays tax so we have to appeal to that demographic.

I chose the Joe Hart retiring story as the age demographic is males and stereotypically males are interested in things like football. Also Joe Hart is quite a well known person. I personally feel this was the weakest story I did. I also chose this as our newspaper is similar to the sun and the star celebrity gossip is our forte.

I chose the Prince Charles story as it involved the royal family and Prince Charles who are very well known and an elite person. I also chose this as it is quite a quirky story and might make you want to read more about how it happened. This could probably make the readers feel one of two emotions one being sympathy as he is older or the other being humour as it is quite ironic.

I feel that instead of the Joe Hart story I should of chose the petrol story as my target audience are middle class males who most of which will own cars. Also this paired with the interest increase would of been a double whammy of bad news that are pretty similar.

Comments